Food and Mood with Jess English
Want to learn more about how what you’re eating can affect how you’re feeling?
This is the session for you.
The more we learn about nutrition and how it affects us physiologically, the more it’s becoming clear that how we eat can affect how we’re feeling.
Making some small changes to how you eat can help to keep your energy levels stable throughout the day, help you to focus better and potentially improve your mood.
Conversely, how you’re feeling and what you’re doing throughout the day can also affect how your gut functions.
This introductory session aims to give you a solid knowledge base and some practical skills to take away and continue to learn more about how food can affect your mood.
We’ll look at the science between how this interaction works and by the end you should know more about:
- How your eating behaviours can affect your mood
- How to pay attention to your body’s innate hunger and fullness cues
- Your awareness of eating – including a mindful eating exercise
- Ideas for meals and snacks that satisfy you
- Your own meal and shopping planner