- This event has passed.
What the *-(< is blockchain? And why do I need to know about it? with Fiona Cooper
This lecture will take you through the basics of what the blockchain is, what problem(s) it solves and how it is disrupting finance, business and government.
- Why bitcoin was created in the first place
- A bit about the technology that underpins all crypto assets
- A debunking of some of the myths that the “establishment” would like you to believe
- How bitcoin is just the beginning of the story – what is a crypto asset? and a brief foray into smart contracts
- Why (some) governments are actually getting quite keen on blockchain tech
- Some case studies of how it’s currently being used
- The future of blockchain technology
- Investing in blockchain businesses and crypto assets